Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Step 2. Resources

Missed Connections are online posts where two people cross paths in a public place and then wish to reconnect with that person in a moment of regret. Missed Connections materialize as online posts of these chance encounters that are listed on Craigslist, an online region specific classifieds website. Craigslist became a part of my daily routine when I relocated to Montreal this summer. Looking for apartments, furniture, jobs, musicians to play music with were made easy with a one stop.

A friend of mine recommended I check out Missed Connections in passing. Just another click on my daily routine of observing daily posts that allowed me to connect with people. At first I found the posts to be obscure and abstract. But after getting into the routine of them, I realized that these were very personal and intimate expressions of strangers connecting with others. Usually written with hopes of connecting with romance in mind, missed connections are fascinating looks into the lives of others.

No comments:

Post a Comment